Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Homeless



We decided to move out of our apartment on Saturday so we didn't have to pay any rent for May.
The move went really smoothly, my mom and I packed and cleaned all week and then Friday Brandon got all of  his buddies to come over and put it on the trailer. It was a little frustrating because I had 10 people yelling at me every time I tried to pick up a box or use cleaning supplies so I pretty much sat in a chair and told people where to put things...
Now even though we moved out on Friday the 29th we can't move in to our new apartment until the 9th! 
So that means I have 10 days of drifting around homeless!
Most of those 10 days would luckily be taken up by finals week BUT being the 9 credit art major that I was this semester
(lets not kid ourselves)
I really didn't have any finals ha ha ha
I was kinda freaking out because Brandon has TONS of really hard finals and I would either have to spend my 10 days at his parents house or his Aunts house while he studied for and took his finals. Since our home would be packed up into boxes and stored in a trailer for the week there wasn't much I could do at those 2 places but watch every movie they own.
Then Brandon suggested that I just go back up north with my mom after she helps us move and then come back down with the family for graduation on Friday!
*PERFECT!*
So this week I've been up in SLC and I've been LOVING it!
My mom has been working really hard and has lost a lot of weight this last year so I pulled her into the salon and got her a short fun flirty new hair style for the summer! :)
(Next stop NEW SWIM SUITS AND SUN DRESSES!)
She is lookin' so cute!
We've been doing some shopping for my new apartment too.  
new rugs, making art for the walls etc.
(thank you Ikea!) 
and getting ready for the baby to come! 
(Which went from "omg this baby is never going to come!!"
 to
 "omg this babies almost here and I'm not ready!" in about 4 days for some reason?)
I've been loving having so much time with my mamma!
I've been missing her like crazy lately. 
Now I just wish my sister was here and this week would have been perfect!
My mom has been helping me "feather my nest" as she calls it. 
She's an interior decorator so we've been trying to spruce up my house with DIY projects and fixing up things I already have so be prepared in the next 2 weeks to get a blog post full of pictures from my new cute, low budget house! 



1 comments:

Jasmine said...

Ugh, I know how hard it is to have that "limbo" time between places. At least you git to have an awesome week with your mom. :)