Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spring Semester 2011



Since 2 a.m is slowly approaching and I'm up with heartburn, leg cramps, hot flashes
and a baby who never takes a break from the hiccups I guess it's a good time to blog...

This last year I accomplished something that I have NEVER come close to in my entire life! 
I do lots of things well and have my own talents but school is just not one of them... 
I won't go into detail but lets just say if I came home with a C+ on a math test (or really ANY test) it got put on the fridge...
This semester I decided to set a goal to get a 3.5 GPA and see if I could bump my overall GPA up a little just before I leave college for good... 
Well...
Yesterday I checked my grades and...
4.0!!
I have NEVER come close to a 4.0 in my entire life and I got one this semester! 
I couldn't believe it! 
Straight A's!
So to celebrate my good graded-ness I'm going to give you a brief look at some of my work from this last semester :)

First off Ceramics class! This class I was hoping to get a B- in because I STRUGGLED!



This little cup and bowl I did for my final :)
We could pick any large scale item to make for our final and when I told my professor I wanted to throw a 10 lb bowl
 (which is what most the class was doing)
she told me I wasn't allowed to throw that big of a ball of clay cause i'd hurt myself ha ha ha.
She told me to make a little cup and saucer for the baby instead so here it is!

Silkscreen was a bit more work then I thought it was going to be but it was so fun! 
Here are some Relief Prints I made



If any of you know the Vincent side of my family you know I come from a long line of VERY talented painters...
this semester I decided to take painting 1 and hoped I wouldn't shame my family name ha ha ha
these first 2 pieces were just color and texture studies (basically just learning HOW to paint and mix colors)


This is my landscape painting. 
I took this photo last summer while I was four-wheeling with my family.
It's on my dads favorite mountain in Monroe Ut. and he loves the photo so I attempted to paint it for him for his birthday. It was SUPER hard and took me forever but I'm happy with the outcome.
 I honestly enjoyed painting a lot more then I thought I was going to but it's way too expensive to keep that hobby going. 


Last but NOT least! My only photo class. It technically wasn't even an actual "photo class". I only took 1 credit of this class so I only had to do one assignment. 
The series is called "The Things I Know" and it's kind of a documentary style homage to the places on campus that i've practically lived in for the passed 5 years.
I went against all the structured rules I've had in all my photo classes and did it just the way I wanted.
I shot with a VERY old 35mm camera with B&W film and didn't edit at all, 
so those who aren't "film purists" are gonna look at these and be like "wow... she did 5 years of college for this?.." ha ha ha try to enjoy :)

 Hannahs spot in the ceramics "fish tank"
 My glorious Dark Room... lots of good times in here...
 The Dark Room
 The Print Making Lab and Dark Room
 Print Making Lab
 Print Making Lab
The Push Pin Gallery
 and lastly the Painting studio.

So there it is. My last semester of hard work. 

My next blog post is going to be a long one...
-graduation
-the move
-mothers day
-baby update pictures
and etc. so be prepared!

and now that my restless legs are finally gone I think i'm gonna head to bed :) 
good night!

Meg.


1 comments:

Nat-a-baby said...

Way way way to go Megs! You do amazing work. Honestly, looking at those pictures of the places that you hung out on campus made me question whether you were in Utah or in Mexico. That place is dirty... or you chose a dirty major, I guess. Congrats on the 4.0! What a way to finish!