Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!



Christmas break really could not have come sooner this year. I took WAY too big of a school load this semester and Christmas break seemed to never get here! Usually I turn on the christmas music the day after Halloween and start watching all 4 of my Christmas movies over and over and over but this year I was too busy to even realize that November was almost over! We FINALLY got our christmas stuff up this year after thanksgiving and I could BARELY WAIT to get the tree up! Last year for xmas my mother-in-law gave me an "after christmas clearance sale spree"! (For those who are mother in laws or have newly-wed kids this is a GREAT gift!) Our tree was so little last year, so when I went on my "spree" I only got a few new boxes of ornaments and some stuff to hang around the house! I worked in a consignment shop last year and this guy came in 2 weeks after christmas and asked if we'd buy a brand new christmas tree? I said nope sorry. Then he asked if I wanted it? I asked how much and he said "how much have you got in your wallet?" and I said "15$" and he said SOLD! So this year we have a brand new 7 foot tall christmas tree! I only had enough ornaments for a 3 foot tall tree to the day after thanksgiving we went out and bought a few more big ornaments for our big tree and LOTS more lights! Can I PLEASE just say that my tree is the CUTEST TREE EVER!! We got these glittery christmas balls on sticks that shoot out of the tree everywhere and big wood plaques that say things like "have yourself a merry little christmas" and "merry christmas to all and to all a goodnight" etc.  I LOVE having people come over cause I LOVE my tree! I'm never gonna take it down!
This year for christmas it's my families turn to have everyone and I am SO EXCITED I can barely stand it! My sister and Brother-in-law live in Missouri so we NEVER see them and they'll be here saturday! We can't make it up until monday and it's KILLING ME! My mom got us tickets to see Scrooge at the Hale Center Theatre and I can't wait to do all of our Christmas traditions! Make sugar cookies, go to temple square, watch movies, sit around the tree!!!! This week is going to go by SO SLOW so I booked all of my photo sessions for the whole break this week just to keep me too busy to notice, hopefully that works out for me.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

3 comments:

Mickelle said...

Meg! You're little living room looks so cozy! I love it!

Nat-a-baby said...

I couldn't agree more. This week is crawling by... it's been the longest week ever! I love the tree. I wish I could see it in person. Your room looks so inviting. See you soon, then.

Tela said...

Cute love the tree!!