THE MOST EXCITING THING THAT COULD HAVE EVER HAPPENED TO ME JUST HAPPENED!!!!
I PASSED MATH!!!! I GOT A B+!!!!!
5 semesters ago I signed up for 1050 and was told I had to take a math placement test again (mild panic because I haven't taken math since 2005!) so after failing that I had to go back and take 990
-so I worked myself to THE BONE in 990 and failed.
-So I took it again and got privately tutored from my professor 3x's a week and PASSED!
-took 1010 (again 3x's a week with my private tutor and letting all my other classes fall behind) and guess what?! failed. this time almost just dropping out of school!!
-thinking I could take 1030 and pass I got permission from the Dean to skip taking 1010 again and go to 1030.... well in 1030 was went 4x's a week with my tutor and letting all my other classes fail AGAIN... I failed again...
-this semester I took a HUGE school load thinking I would have passed math last semester. Since I couldn't drop any of my big classes I had to stack math online on top of my already HUGE work load. I stayed caught up in the class till about the midterm, but then got too busy with other classes and COMPLETELY stopped trying in my math class. I went to the Dean 2 weeks before finals and told him that I was going to fail math again but not because I couldn't do it, but because this semester I simply had no time to try! He told me if I didn't pass math this semester by at LEAST a 65% he was going to send me BACK to 1010!! which was a problem because that means 2 more semesters of math with only 1 semester before graduation... So for the last 2 weeks of my semester I HAULED BUTT and caught up on all of my assignments, took 11 quizzes and 5 tests and studied for HOURS in the tutor center! I have really bad test anxiety, but when I walked a crossed campus to the test center I could barely hold back tears!! I was FREAKING OUT! I knew I wasn't going to pass because I'd only spent about 30% of the time I usually spend on a math class AND I was having a mental BREAK right before the test!!! luckily brandon called me right then and talked some sense into me! So I stayed out in the hall for a minute, took a few deep breaths (thanks yoga) took the test, and waited for my grades to come online!
I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT A B+ MUCH LESS PASSING IT AT ALL!!!
-I'd like to thank my parents who wouldn't let me drop out of school 3 tries ago, and listened to all of my ridiculous fits about how I'll never succeed at anything!
-I'd like to thank my wonderful husband who believed in me so much and pushed me through all the hard days!
-I 'd like to thank my sister who listened to me cry on the phone about it!
-and last but CERTAINLY not least, I'd like to thank my professor Alisha! She pretty much could have taken a part time job with how often she tutored me over the last 3 years! She listened to me have my ridiculous fits, and lifted my spirits when they were low, pushed me through and didn't let me drop out of school every semester for the last 2 years! Thanks Lishy! Your the greatest!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
THE CHURCH IS TRUE!
I LOVE YOU ALL!










rss
twitter
pinterest
facebook



5 comments:
I'm super happy for you!!! What a relief! Congrats. I remember all that anxiety that came with math classes. YUCK! Never again, sister. Never again! :)
congratulations megan!! That is wonderful!!! very proud of you! :)
yay!! congrats!! I hated 1050 I got a D+ and my school counted it!
Thanks for the shout out. I'm so glad that you never have to go through that again. I believe you now feel much like I did when I passed my last chemistry class. I got a D and I was so relieved!! Don't forget to thank God for helping you through it too!! :) I'm sure many a prayer was said throughout that ordeal!
yay! i'm so excited for you! congratulations!
Post a Comment