Thursday, December 9, 2010
I-AM-AN-ART-STUDENT!
Author: Meg and Brandon
I hate being with Brandon when people ask what our majors are. Theres Brandons response which is... "oh I'm a double major in Business and Biology with a minor in chemistry" ( thats when the impressed faces appear) then its my turn... "I'm a art major, with en emphasis in photography" and faces are interested, but no longer impressed ha ha ha. Unless they too are a "Utah Photographer" (aka someone with a nice camera parading around with the idea that they they have a talent in this field as well) then the reaction is usually much different than Brandons impressive Med School line up. The worst was when I was single and I'd meet boys moms, it'd seem to be going really well and then they'd ask me what my major was... DUN DUN DUUUN! As soon as nursing major didn't escape my lips I was no longer a competitor for that boys heart (or at least according to his mother I wasn't). I saw this the other day on my friend (and fellow art students) facebook and I just love it!
Except they need a section that says "ohhhh so you're just gonna live off your rich doctor husband! okay that makes more sense now" I need to tell people I'm an art major FIRST then let Brandon quickly follow with what his major is so the conversation starts with his ha ha ha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











rss
twitter
pinterest
facebook



4 comments:
that chart is pretty much brilliant.
although, I do have to say people generally seem pretty impressed by my graphic design major. mostly because they have no idea what it is... :)
Yeah, it's kind of like answering "I'm a stay-at-home mom."
While I think the chart is funny, I want you to know that I think what you do is marvelous, difficult, requiring a lot of skill, and it's not something that just anyone can do!! You have worked so hard Megs and just because you're not a science major it doesn't mean you're not smart or deserving of praises! Don't let others make you feel like you are less just because they are uneducated as to what it takes to do what you do. They're just naive. I love you and your art work!
haha I love that you are an ART major!! If everyone was doubling majors in all the big stuff our world would be lame... I get the same reaction with my major FCS Education aka Home Ec and I'm still single at least you got a hubby with your degree
Post a Comment