Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chrismas Break Thus Far..



here is our lovely christmas card for this year! I love to make them but i'm not a fan of the post office OR printing of photos at walmart so i'm a digital christmas card sender. so this is me sending our card to all of you who read my blog :)



So far christmas break has been... I was gonna say fun but thats not the word?.... it's been relaxing..... (there we go) Brandon has been working a ton and I am just doing my photography now so when he works just about every day mine and charleys days tend to get boring. I have cleaned the house over and over (whether it needed it or not) i've burnt myself out on photo editing already and (since I can't watch Lost, Lie to Me or Psych with out Brandon) I've REWATCHED seasons 1 and 2 of Arrested Development and season 1 of Monk... and i've only been out of school a WEEK! I think my bed has a permanent body mark in it from where I've sat editing and watching tv all week! Brandon had yesterday off finally so we got out to do something fun! My husband is OBSESSED with guns. He already has 2 but he claims we need more because "they are such a good investment!" and  "they never lose they're value!" and "what happens when I need to protect our home!!??" (I think I need to remind him that we live in Cedar City  Utah?...) and my favorite, "what happens when the government decides to take away our freedom and there are riots and stores close and I have to hunt for our own food!!" ....  I tell him when he's a rich doctor he can buy as many guns as he wants but until then every extra dollar we have is going towards that new sofa you promised me! Anyway, his dad said he wanted to get him a gun for christmas so we went to the pawn shop and borrowed the 2 he's been deciding between.

This one I could BARELY hold up! I shot it, screamed, flew backwards 4 feet, and bruised my shoulder!

Charley has never gone shooting before and as SOON as the first gun shot went off I couldn't PEEL her out of my lap or under my feet!!  she was so scared!!! (i love this picture can't you tell she's TERRIFIED! ha ha ha too cute!)

we let her sit in the car but she was still shaking like CRAZY! 
so this is where she stayed for pretty much the entire rest of the morning ha ha ha

I COULD NOT throw those stupid pigeons on that stupid thrower!! I tried to throw one from right where i'm standing and it BARELY whizzed passed Brandons face and landed by that yellow trash can!!! I did this 3 times until he wouldn't let me try anymore...ha ha ha It was quiet funny at the time :) so poor Brandon had to throw them and then shoot them himself. It was really very impressive!
ISN'T CHARLEYS PUFF VEST SO CUTE!!!!?

Later that day Brandons dad came up and we went snowmobiling up on Brianhead! It was fun but I was dying of claustrophobia in my helmet and neck guard the entire time! Sadly I didn't get any pictures because It was a WHITE OUT and freezing cold but maybe next time!

That night we had some friends come over and we had a big steak dinner! YUM! We were watching "The Killers" after dinner and a gun shot went off in the movie and charley dove onto my lap SO FAST you'd think the shot went off right in the room!! needless to say she remained curled up in ball on my chest for the rest of the movie....

Happy Holidays!!

on a side note.... This is our family dog Brinklee! We've had him for 3 years and he went missing on the 15th of December :( He got lost in our neighborhood in South Jordan but he's pretty quick and could be half way to Provo by now! He's 3 years old, a Wheaten Terrier, White (obviously), and VERY friendly!! He has a collar on so if he's found PLEASE call the number on the collar! If you have ANY INFORMATION AT ALL please get a hold of me! megvalantine24@gmail.com!! Thanks everyone! We'd love to have him home for Christmas :)

3 comments:

kelly anne said...

aw your little puppy looks so scared! i love that picture of you two haha... i wish i was just sitting at home watching shows all day. i'm working over the break. blech. hope you find your family's puppy!

Jasmine said...

Poor Charlie, scared half to death! I probably would have joined her in the car, though. I'm not a big fan of the guns....

That's so sad about Brinklee! I hope he comes home, too!

Tela said...

Cute Christmas card!! I'm sad that you are having a relaxed break those sometimes turn out to be very bad. But just think of how nice and clean your house is and how you have a comfy bed and that you don't have to go outside in the rain!! Those are all positive.. I am coming down the first week of January so we will definitely need to get together!