Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A farewell to photography.



Today I hit yet another milestone in my life, I attended my last photography class at SUU. I don't graduate until May but next semester I was told "you have 10 credits left and you may choose any art classes you'd care to take". So after looking over the list of offered photography classes for next semester and being less than impressed with the selection I thought to myself "why don't I take classes that I WANT to take? This will probably be my last opportunity to take them anyways..." So I decided against taking any of the photography classes and for once in 5 years went with what I wanted to do. So heres the line-up
Art history 2 (easy!)
Ceramics 1
Painting 1
Silkscreen
and Yoga!
13 fabulous credits of every class i've ever thought "oh, that would be cool to try" and I can't wait! Yeah, I guess i'm sad that I won't be doing photography with my photo friends for my last semester but most of my friends are graduating next week anyways. My best friend down here in college has been in the photography program for as long as I have and she's graduating this week (unlike me... stupid math...) we usually make our schedules just about the same every semester and I wouldn't have survived half of them with out her. She's so funny and crazy and I'm gonna miss her a lot but her not being there next semester also made me realize I REALLY wouldn't miss photo class that much.
So here is a farewell to photo classes. Your all I've known for the last 5 years of my life and I'm sure in a year from now I'll miss being a student again. Everything from here on out will have to be youtube tutorials and networking. Wish me luck!

Photo taken in Sweden, memorial for an organist. 

1 comments:

Tela said...

Im sorry you are done with photography. But look on the bright side you are still taking fun artistic classes!! Art history (easy),ceramics(awesome), painting (way cool), silkscreen (sounds so sweet) and yoga (way cool and relaxing) !! p.s. I will be living in cedar for spring so you can show me your cool yoga moves!!