Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May 7th



So I made this collage a few weeks ago with the intention of posting it on March 7th and when that day finally rolled around I completely forgot about it! 
So lets all humor me and pretend it's May 7th 2011 so I can do my post 
:)
2 years ago today I was in St. George Brandon.
He woke me up at 5 a.m and asked if i'd like to go on a date that started in 10 minutes.
semi-annoyed I said yes and crawled out of bed...
Brandon took me to a park where he surprised me with an item to check off my bucket list!
A hot air balloon ride!
(This was one item on my bucket list I honestly never thought I'd do)
At the time I was expecting a proposal because I hadn't picked out a ring yet...
I had one that I LOVED but it was a bit out of the budget so the search remained :(
Brandon kept asking me if i'd say "yes" if he proposed with a "ring from a cracker jack box"
and I always told him I would...
so thats exactly what he did! 
Once we were up in the air he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!
He held out a ring box and when he popped it open it was the most HIDEOUSLY fabulous Cracker Jack ring I've ever seen!
I loved it!
Since steering a hot air balloon isn't really possible so we landed in the middle of a neighborhood and instantly drew a crowd!
Brandons dad and sisters showed up and he got down on his knee again?
I said "what are you doing? we already did this remember?"
and he said "yeah but I figure you only propose once so you better do it right with the right ring"
then he popped open a 2nd ring box and inside was the ring I've been dying for! 
...He loves to tease and torment me...
2 years later, he still surprises me everyday with how much I can love him!
He might make me crazy sometimes 
(who's spouse doesn't?)
but he's perfect for me in every way and i'm so grateful to have him.

Love you B!




1 comments:

Booth Confessions said...

That is so freaking cute!!! I love how he proposed! :) haha and its funny your pretending to have it be March... 3 months late!