
Like every year Brandon came and spent 85% of the trip at the hotel studying for the MCAT
It's always a bummer that he has to do that but every year I keep myself entertained with boogie boarding and beach volleyball so it's usually fine.
This year however was VERY different...
SATURDAY
We left St. George Saturday night at 9:30 pm and drove all through the night to avoid traffic
We got to our hotel in San Clemente around 4 am and found out we couldn't check in until 1 in the afternoon!!
SUNDAY
We sat down and fell asleep in the foyer and around 6 am a very unhappy manager came and kicked us all out!
*rude*
Then we decided to go hobo style and we went and slept in a very muggy, very dog populated park
after giving up on trying to sleep we went and waited again outside the hotel until they would allow us to check in and then we all fell asleep again, ate dinner, and went back to bed for the night.
MONDAY
We woke up
left my study zombie of a husband at the hotel and went shopping and out to lunch on Del Mar
While we were out shopping I couldn't keep warm! I was FREEZING for some reason?
We went to our favorite mexican place and by the time our food came I was nauseous, freezing and my chest was KILLING ME! It came on so fast!
We went back to the hotel after lunch and I collapsed on the bed and was shivering like crazy!
My mom told me that she thought I had a fever and if I did she was taking me to the hospital..
We took my temp. and sure enough 104!
I was immediately wisked away to the instacare where we decided I had developed a mastitis.
yuck!
After a long Dr.s appointment they sent me to the Hospital for some infusions of antibiotics.
After all that I went home and slept
TUESDAY
Same deal.
woke up sick
went to the Dr.s
went in for my next infusions
(Jared cracks Evie up it is so funny!)
Me and Evie went to the beach for 2 hours but of course we both hid in the shade the whole time
FIRST TIME AT THE BEACH!
My mom flew Natalie in for the trip so we picked her up from the airport and got to spend the rest of the week with her!
WEDNESDAY
Today was actually fun for us.
We peeled Brandon, Evie and I out of the dark hotel and went to Sea World!!
I went to Sea World when I was 4 last so I don't remember any of it so I was excited to go and I LOVED it!
Evie loved it too!
We had her in her little backpack all day so she slept like a rock and then when she was awake there was nothing but colors to look at and music to dance to!
She was so funny at the animals shows!
She would start dancing in her little backpack to the music and everyone around us just thought she was so cute!
(probably cause she is though... just sayin'...)
The Shamoo show at the end of the night was my favorite!
It's AMAZING how big and beautiful those animals are!!
Although Sea World was the fun I still spent the day
*EXPLODING*
in fever blisters.
.yup.
I had well over 150 cold sores spring up all over my mouth, chin, cheeks and even up my nose!
I guess thats what happens when you run a fever for that long?
It was painful and itchy and terrible but I tried to suck it up and not let it ruin Sea World for me...
(disclaimer* Yes, I cheated. I photoshopped out ALL of my nasty blisters in the photos i'm posting on this blog. I know thats against the rules but i'm having serious self esteem issues about them so leave me alone ha ha ha)
(disclaimer* Yes, I cheated. I photoshopped out ALL of my nasty blisters in the photos i'm posting on this blog. I know thats against the rules but i'm having serious self esteem issues about them so leave me alone ha ha ha)
THURSDAY
Wake up
Go to the Dr.s
Go get my LAST infusions (me and the infusions nurse are good buddies by now)
and then FINALLY made it to the beach feeling good!!
NOW its feeling like a vacation!
Today I at least put my legs out in the sun but still had fever blisters taking up most of my face so I stayed in the shade most of the day again.
Evie had a BLAST playing with everyone who wanted to hold her and sticking her toes in the sand!
Every trip all the adults leave us kids home and go to a really nice restaurant called Fishermans
Usually the younger married couples will go out to dinner somewhere else and all the little kids will stay home and eat pizza and tear apart all the hotel rooms
This year was a little different
While the adults were out we got all the kids together and threw my parents a big 30th Wedding Anniversary party!
judging by the picture you can tell they were very surprised ha ha ha
(sorry for the gross color correcting on these photos, I just gave up on them)
We had cake and ice cream and my sister made a really fun trivia game about their wedding for us all to play!
Good work Nat :)
FRIDAY
Today is pedicure day!
Every year all the girls go and get pedicures at Mingees!
We go get smoothies and then go sit and relax in their big oversized massage chairs...
I took a before and after shot of my toes ha ha ha
See...
MUCH needed pedicure!
I think this might be my favorite pedicure i've ever gotten!
Unfortunately all the pedicure pictures are on my moms camera but Evie was a BIG hit in the salon!
all 12 of the little Vietnamese women LOVED her!
They all sat around my chair and made funny noises at her the entire time and she was just crackin' up!
It was so funny!
After that we headed to the beach again for a couple of hours
(still didn't get in the water)
BUT
we FINALLY got Brandon out of the hotel!!!
since we only went for 2 hours Brandon decided he could spare 2 hours and grace us with his presence ;)
Evie chewed on her arm most of the day (weird baby) and then passed out on the way home
ha ha ha ha
SATURDAY
Today was a full beach day!
unfortunately is was a freezing cold beach day...
Evie didn't come out and play in the sun like usual
she hid in her blanket and talked to Grandpa all afternoon
Natalie talked me into getting in the water today!
(My first time for the entire trip)
We grabbed some boogie boards,
ran out into the freezing cold waves,
got pounded 2 or 3 times,
felt like we had ear infections and came in 15 minutes later...
and that was it for me getting in the ocean this week...
...wow...
Aside from being sick the entire week,
being covered, almost entirely in fever blisters,
AND not having a very playful husband,
I still had a blast with my family and crazy little girl :)
Can't wait for next year!
xo Meg




























rss
twitter
pinterest
facebook



2 comments:
Oh Megan I loved loved this post. Your photos are always so fun to look at. Good eye candy you create! =) Oh my goodness I had no idea you guys got in so early and had to sleep in the parK! That is messed up the hotel didn't let you stay in the lobby, you guys are paying customers and good business every year! that is so messed up!
FUN! except for all the yucky sickness parts. loved the photo of everyone trying to sleep in the dog park. lol. great photos.
Post a Comment