Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The One Month Arm Amputation



Miss Evangeline is one month old!
She already seems like a toddler to me. 
I look at the pictures from the hospital and she seems so small and breakable then!
Now I look at her and she seems so big!
I've threatened to stop feeding her so much so she'll stop growing!!
(I would never REALLY do that so don't call Child Protective Services on me please)
I decided I'm going to take each of her "month" pictures in her bumbo seat so we can see her growth so here is the first of 12 bumbo seat pictures!
She and I were missing Grandma Rainey and Grandpa so we took a trip up to SLC this weekend
(that will be in a later post because I forgot to grab the pics off my moms camera before I left) 


as usual she was a happy little stinker the entire trip

 Now some of you are wondering about Brandons arm...

Need I say more?....
I guess this is what happens when you almost lose your arm
Whats CRAZY is this isn't even as bad as it was!
I was looking at it yesterday and realized the coloring is going down so I wanted to grab a picture before it got any better looking!
It used to be SOLID purple. Now its kinda spotty purple and his skin color is coming through the bruise now.
He's being a terd and not wearing his sling at all
He does not asking for help on ANYTHING and it makes me bananas!
When he's holding Evie he'd rather take 50 seconds to lift his arm up and over to put her binkee back in rather than just ask me to put it back for him...

I married the worlds most stubborn man 

 Anyways there is ALWAYS silver lining
We're just grateful he didn't lose his entire arm, we got off easy on this one.

ALSO!
Brandon got a job yesterday!!!
YAHOOO!!
We've been searching and searching and praying and praying for a job and he got a GREAT one!
Since we're going to Medical School next year he wanted a job that sounded good to Medical Schools. 
When he goes to interviews and they ask "so what did you do with your year off?" you don't want to say "oh I wakeboarded until I almost lost my arm and then I got a job at Pizza Factory"

... Not very impressive...

Brandon got a job at Cinnamon Hills!
It's a home for troubled youth, he's worked with troubled youth for about a year and a half before but it was at an intense place that was out in the middle of the desert (Holes style). It was mostly kids with drug and alcohol abuse and behavioral problems so he had to be able to restrain kids if he needed to. This place is in town and it's for kids with behavioral, and mental problems (not so scary). 
It's GREAT pay, GREAT hours, and he gets lots of over time!
Time to build back up that savings!

Anyway, thats our update.
We're going to California next week on our annual Anderson, Fonda, Bennion, Harris, Kroll family beach trip! I LOVE this trip! Theres about 25 of us that go stay in a condo in San Clemente and hit the beach for 7 days! It's a blast! look for that post cause it's gonna be a good one! Lots of cute pictures i'm sure!

xo Meg



1 comments:

Amanda Bolton said...

Austin has a friend who actually got his thumb ripped off wakeboarding! They replaced it with a titanium thumb and took the nerves from his ring finger for it so he could feel. That is lucky he is ok and your little baby is SO cute!