So I don't know if you all remember my blog post about our ultrasound we got a while ago? (if not go here). Long story short, we couldn't get a legit one done for a while so my Dr. looked on her old school machine and said she was about 85% sure it was a girl. So today we went and finally got a REAL ultrasound done! Which is FABULOUS because I have been making myself crazy with worry..
"oh my heck what if she doesn't have a brain!?"
"What if she doesn't have all of her toes and we needed to know that 4 weeks ago!"
"What if her lungs aren't coming in right! like what if the right is on the left and the left is on the right!!?"
"WHAT IF IT'S NOT EVEN A GIRL ANYMORE!!"
It isn't helping either that Brandon is taking embryology (the study of the development of the embryo) this semester and he comes home everyday with a new birth defect that he's worried about. I'm taking a painting class this semester and he's REALLY not excited about me being in there with all those "fumes".
Example:
Today we weren't sitting in the hospital waiting for our ultrasound and he said
"oh my heck! sweetie you've got paint on your NOSE!! like right next to your NOSE!!"
so I laughed, licked my finger and said "where?",
he showed me and I wiped at it,
then he said "one more lick and wipe and you got it"
so I liked my finger again and he yelled
"NOT WITH THE SAME FINGER!!! NOW YOUR EATING THE PAINT YOU RETARD!"
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
I started laughing so hard!!
He called me a retard!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
He's gonna be such a good daddy, i'm excited :)
So finally today we both got put at ease and i'm HAPPY to announce that we are STILL having a
VERY healthy
BABY GIRL!
That little bubble on her nose is the umbilical cord (not to be confused with the ambilical cord...)
and the other 2 bubbles are her hands up in little fists
ISN'T SHE CUTE!!!!!???
she's sucking on the back of her hands and her feet are all smooshed up too!!
However, she does have a little bit of a Polynesian nose that we're still trying to figure out?...
-As for the ever popular baby name topic we still are at a loss.
We've both found a name that we love and we are fighting to the death
(or I guess the birth)
about which one we'll actually name her.
I guess we'll just have to see what she looks like when she gets here.
-What i'm loving right now is how big of a leap the last 2 weeks have been?
2 weeks ago my conversations would go like this-
random person: how far along are you!?
Me: 26 weeks! Due June 24th!
random person: oh you've still got a little ways to go then! and this is the beginning of the worst of it!
Me: yeah... thanks for the pick me up....
but now the conversation goes like this
random person: how far along are you!?
Me: 28 weeks! Due June 24th!
random person: oh wow! thats comin' right up! Are you gettin' excited!?"
why is it that 2 weeks ago I was rounding 2nd and now all of a sudden i'm sliding into home?!
Make up your mind people!!
...On a lighter note...
Didn't we all LOVE General Conference this weekend!?! I loved it!
Richard G. Scotts talk about loving your wife was SO cute!
and aren't we all SO GRATEFUL it's fruit season again!?
I'm sitting at my desk eating a big bowl of fresh, ripe strawberries and i'm in heaven!














rss
twitter
pinterest
facebook



3 comments:
i am SO happy strawberries are back in season. they are my absolute fav.
was it the yellow paint? because you had a SERIOUS streak goin' on today. it was pure greatness.
yay baby!
ps. don't lie, we all know you're going to name her kelly. kelly valantine. best name ever? probably.
I'm glad she's still a girl in there! Brandon makes me laugh! Tell him Ryan says hi!
What amazing pictures of the baby's face! Technology is awesome. So excited for you guys. Are you having funny dreams? I always had weird/random dreams at the end of my pregnancies.
Post a Comment