Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 2/ Launch Party / Grad Present / Ryan



Day 2! 
-Tell us about your job-
I'm actually REALLY excited about this post because I realized I can squeeze 3 posts that I've been DYING to do into 1 big glorious post! So hold on to your seats people it's gonna be CARAZAY!
First off to tell you about my work. I quit my job so I could work full time in my studio and I am LOVING it! I've gotten all caught up on my editing and posts and I've been booking sessions left and right!  I've been working really hard and advertising lots aaaaand i got a website!!! TA DA! So consider this my website launch party! (any office fans in the house? ha ha ha) and you are all invited to the ribbon cutting!!
So I hereby announce the GRAND OPENING of the long awaited 

post 2
My work has been really hard lately because my laptop is on it's LAST life. It's old and full and SOOO slow! I can't photoshop on it because it's not color corrected and it makes me craaazy! So how does she run her own business from her home with such a crappy computer you ask!?!?  With her new desktop Imac!!
 My AMAZING husband and my AMAZING parents and my AMAZING in-laws all chipped in and got it for me for my birthday/graduation present! With the help of my good friend Matt we got a KILLER deal on it and now I can't seem to stay off of it!! It's so fast and so huge and so glorious!! and as you can see we may need a bigger desk now :)


3rd post 
and this has nothing to do with my job but I wanted to brag about my brother Ryan!! 
Ryan left on his mission to Cambodia last february and decided to come home for a little bit, REALLY prepare and then go back out later. Now as you know a good percent of missionaries that come home never ACTUALLY make it back out into the field but Ryan has done amazingly! He has grown so much this year and has changed in the best ways! We can really feel a more spiritual presence in him and I am so proud of him! Ryan turned back in his mission papers a few weeks ago and last night the Stake President came over and told him that his call had come back and the Lord wants him back in Cambodia!! yahoo!! Then he said that they don't send missionaries to Cambodia very often and that the next time they are leaving is either March 30th or tomorrow!! (which is today) The stake pres. said he could set him apart right now and he could go to the MTC in the morning and after thinking about it with my family they decided that even though march was too long to wait, tomorrow was too short of notice so Ryan will report back to the MTC in late March!! I am so proud of him i'm really just bursting at the seams about it so I had to share :)




2 comments:

Jasmine said...

That's awesome that your studio is doing well! Yay!

And congratulations to Ryan! He's going to absolutely LOVE Cambodia!(according to Joel, and I'm going to trust him on that one since he served there as well.) I'm excited that he's still called to serve there.

Emily said...

Congratulations on your new website! And your new computer looks awesome!! But most of all CONGRATULATIONS to Ryan. We are so happy for him and all of you!