Saturday, January 22, 2011

18 Weeks



This week Im 18 weeks along! I have a ton of people asking me how Im doing, If I'm sick, If I sleep alright so I think i'll just write a post about it so everyone feels up to date :)

- I haven't been sick at all! My stomach gets all bloated and rolly at night which makes getting comfortable hard but I have had very little to complain about.

- Smells like Teriyaki flavored meats make me gag a little? Random?

- I LOVE cheese! anything cheese! Mac and Cheese, cheese sticks, cheese ball, nachos, quesadillas, grilled cheese!

- I have random spirts of food cravings. example: my friend the other day said something about having a dozen of  something and I craved doughnuts for the REST of the day!

-I get hungry every 45 minutes! It's crazy! I'll go out to dinner and get really really full and by the time I get home I want a bowl of cereal!

- My back is KILLING me! I thought that was something that didn't come along until later but I am dyin! and whats worse is theres nothing I can do about! I would love to get  a backrub but I'm assuming laying on your stomach and then having someone puts lots of pressure on your back isn't very good?...

- I haven't been sleeping very well but i'm sure thats only going to get worse as I get bigger.

- speaking of getting big I'm already HUGE! I know a few girls who are all pregnant, some are 2-4 weeks ahead of me and others are 1-2 weeks behind me and i'm bigger than ALL of them! People keep teasing me about twins and at first it was like "ha ha" but now it's kinda scaring me! My dr. says i'm at a healthy size and we've heard the heartbeat (one) and had an ultrasound (again one) but i'm still kinda stressin!

- I never thought i'd be the "horrible pregnant wife" because i've never been very emotional before but my hormones are CARAZAY! The other day Brandon and I were talking about Masters Programs and what states they are in and I felt like crying?! I didn't, but it was weird? Also, things annoy me and offend me SO EASY now!! I take everything personal!

- I can't make it through the night with out needing to pee at least once

- I have been feeling the baby a lot lately. It doesn't feel like a baby yet but like popcorn popping in my stomach. He/She moves a TON after I eat ice cream! (mostly sherbert)

- I am tired ALL THE TIME! I get tired around 10 and need a nap half way through the day! I'm out of breath all the time! Whenever I get to class people make fun of me because i'm huffing and puffing!

- heartburn is THE WORST! I get it all the time! I've never had it before but it is miserable! It makes my ribs sore! (luckily for me) the only remedy for it is Ice cream :)

anyways, there are the updates! I'll post another picture of the bump this week! :)

4 comments:

The Alldredge's said...

Hit up the Chiropracter for your back, it helps alot!!

Amanda Bolton said...

I was going to say the same thing! I work at a chiropractor and we help pregnant women ALL the time. They can do massages too! They have special beds for that. It's pretty sweet and would probably help tons :)

Jasmine said...

Ah, the "joys" of pregnancy. Yet we women seem to forget it all as soon as the baby is born. I think we're built that way so our species doesn't die out from underpopulation. :)

In re your back pain, I had the WORST back pains when I was preggo with Cassie! I talked to both a chiropractor and a physical therapist (who also both happen to be in my ward), and they said that the best exercise I could do was this:

Take a rag and roll it up. Lean up against a wall in a half-squat, and place the rag-roll between your lumbar and the wall. Press into the rag-roll with your back as you squat deeper. Don't squat deeper than 90 degrees so that it's still little effort to stand back up. Keep pressing into the rag-roll as you go back to the half-squat position. I know it doesn't sound like it will do much, but trust me--it works!

If you start having hip pains, I have some good stretches for that, too, because I actually had to go to physical therapy for that.

(was that long enough for you?) ;)

Anonymous said...

This post is great... it reminds me of what I just went through... Heart burn and crazy hormones got the best of me.. Sounds like we are having a pretty similar pregnancies!! We are so excited for you and Brandon.