This semester of school is a big one for me. I am taking 16.5 credits and out of those there are 3 classes that require "my FULL attention". The first is math, math is my nemesis... this is my 5th semester of math classes, out of those 5 I have failed 4 of them, I'm taking it online this semester and I HAVE to pass this time! So obviously math needs to be my top priority! NOPE! I'm also taking Advanced Contemporary Landscape. In this class I have ONE assignment, Shoot a series of work, print it, frame it, curate it, advertise for it, and hold a gallery for it. So OBVIOUSLY that gets my main focus! NOPE! I'm also in my Senior Portfolio class which requires us to make our own website AND produce a series of work to display on campus in the Senior Portfolio Gallery at the end of the year! So duh THATS my main focus! NOPE! I am applying to Grad School in January! I need to have my applications done, my grades up, my portfolio perfected and my letters of recommendation sent.... so WITHOUT QUESTION this is my TOP priority!... nope....All my main focuses are shadowed over by my LAST priority... my job. My job requires me to sit on a tall stool in a tiny furniture store and try to sell home decor to the 2 or 3 people that come in everyday. The only work I can get done at my job is my Math but I am taking it online so 90% of the time I don't know how to do it unless i'm in the tutor center receiving help... So how do we solve this?.... 
YEP! I am quitting my job for the sake of ART! I am meeting a lot of really important Grad School connections this month at a conference in Arizona and I NEED to revamp my portfolio before I do that. I'm realizing that in order to have my portfolio where I want and to be able to focus on my art the life of a furniture salesman has got to go! I'm SO LUCKY to have a husband who understands my need for art and is so supportive about me quitting for that reason. I'll support him in Medical School if he'll support me through Grad School :) we're a good team I think. I'm putting in my 2 weeks notice on Monday so wish me luck! My boss is NOT going to be happy.











rss
twitter
pinterest
facebook



3 comments:
woo hoo!
Ha ha ha, I love the picture... that's awesome. Good luck with everything!
I say sweet. You gotta do what you gotta do... right?!
ps. . . i have a great yoga class for you, and my cute sis really needs a job?!
Post a Comment