Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yard Crashers & Pickle Ball



So we are currently living in Brandon's Dads condo that he owns. There used to be a bunch of single guys who lived here before us and they 
(putting it nicely)
TRASHED the place...
So since we've been living here it's been a series of projects
one project being that we don't have a functioning oven
so
.no.
I haven't cooked a meal ONCE since May
... it's been fabulous...
now that it's "cooling down"
(that's St. George talk for 95 degrees)
we've decided it's time to tackle the lawn...
if you can still consider this "a lawn"


Now I guess I shouldn't have, but I put a little soft light on this photo in photoshop and it actually makes this disaster look kinda pretty ha ha ha
don't be fooled...


During the demolition we found lots of treasures!
at least 20 beer bottles
3 different hoses
2 deer antlers 
a back of a truck bed
the screens from every window on the back of the house
and of course
dirty underware...

.lovely.

well after a couple of good weekends and lots of help from our neighbor KC we finally got it done and it looks FABULOUS!


We were sadly going to "zero-scape" the entire yard because the next renters after us wouldn't take care of grass.
I was SO sad because I wanted to have grass for me and E to play on
but I understand that it'll just look like it did in the last pictures after we move out...


but 
SURPRISE FOR ME!
Brandon and my father-in-law decided it would be fine to make Me, Evie and Charley a little grass area to play on for the year!


I am SO EXCITED!
We aren't allowed to play on it  till next week but I can hardly wait!
We moved from Cedar while it was still snowing and we got to St. George JUST as it was too hot to play outside so I have been couped up in a house LITERALLY since last September!


It's amazing how proud I am of my little patch of grass!
I HAVE A LAWN!!
I water him twice a day and make sure Charley doesn't dig in him.

.love.

Since Brandon did all this hard work on the lawn I surprised him and got some "summer clearance" lawn furniture to spruce it up a bit.

We had our BEST friends and (thankfully) next door neighbors Alli and Kc over for a "back yard christening BBQ" that night
.perfect.



next up
my hutch

I'm sure some of you remember my bright blue hutch!
well this hutch is the main focus of my living room and no matter WHAT I do to it it just looks cluttered!
I love to have photos out but i'm SO SICK of frames!
So I decided to do a quick little DIY fixer and I added a clothes line to my middle shelf


I think it turned out really cute!
I still have no rhyme or reason to everything else on the hutch but at least i'm happy with that shelf now 
:)


Yesterday me and Evie FINALLY got out of the house!
(p.s Evie is now a fist chewer.. she'd put both in her mouth at once if they'd fit!)


we went to the park and watched Dad play Pickle Ball with our good friend Stephen.


and
of course
I took a million photos..



this ones my favorite though
ha ha ha ha

.classic.


after 5 intense games Dad was beat so we went to a movie with the In-laws.


Evie is 3 months old!

She is KINDA realizing that she looks far enough above her she can kinda roll on her side
maybe one of these days she'll actually make it to her stomach


She is a VERY social baby
loves to coo and talk to you
(especially if your vietnamese?)
when Brandon is talking she cannot focus on ANYTHING else but his voice
and she only half knows her hands belong to her so we are still looking like a cat fight every morning when we wake up


HA HA HA HA
this face cracks me up


she loves to sit up on the couch
is ticklish in her arm pits
and loves to eat peoples noses

anyway
there is your photo overload from the Valantine family this week

keep 
calm
and 
blog
on

ciao, Meg xo



3 comments:

C said...

Evie is so cute! I love reading about all the things she does because I've always wondered when Teyha does certain things like (chewing fists) if that's normal or worse teething??! (I've heard it can happen at 3 months!) haha. Anyway, their so close in age and can't believe how fast they grow! Looks like you guys are doing well in St Geezy, take care!

Jonny and Robyn said...

I love looking at your blog! Evie is so freakin cute. You need to add my blog to your list. Jonnyandrobyn.blogspot.com. send your email to dance_1_r@hotmail.com so i can add you! Miss you Meg-robyn

Sarah said...

She is darling! I actually manage the apartments Stephen works at :) small world!