Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Senior Showcase



This week is an exciting one for me! My senior showcase is being exhibited here in Cedar City all week. After 5 long years of college and hours and hours of preparation and setting up for this exhibit I must say it feels like a pat on the back to finally see the finished product of my college experience. I've even SOLD a few of my pieces which is an enormous boost to my self esteem I must say :)  I'm coming in on my last semester of college ( and it's gonna be an easy one!) I'm taking ceramics, painting, silkscreen, art history and yoga so this gallery is really my last huge assignment for college (unless I don't pass math AGAIN) and it feels so good to have it done and passed me. now yes, it goes all week and I still need to be there every night but the stresses of it are gone. I'll put up some "Before pics" and at the end of the week (so i don't spoil it for those who are planning on coming) i'll post some "after pics". Thanks to everyone who came opening night! It was a huge success! Thanks to both my families who are driving all the way to Cedar City just to see it! I love you!

This is my poster advertising the gallery, we put them all over town and campus to get people there.
this is our Gallery space right when we got to it. It looks much different now.
 This is me cutting out my pieces onto foam core.
 This is where I was for pretty much 18 hours, hanging and leveling pictures over and over again. 

4 comments:

Jeff and Amberlee said...

Hey Megan, we just made a blog and were in hope to add you and Brandon on out list! Hope all is well!

Tela said...

CONGRATS GIRL!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHOWCASE!!

Laura McAllister said...

I am so sad I can't be here to see this! You are amazing! Way to sell some pieces. Miss you.

Julie said...

Wow, that looks like a huge amount of work. Exciting that you're on the down-hill slope of college. Good luck with the last semester & that darn Math! We'd love to have you and B over for dinner sometime.